Monday, March 21, 2011

Marmaduke Duck and the Marmalade Jam.


by Juliette MacIver
illustrated by Sarah Davis
reviewed by Ellisha Haythornthwaite

Marmaduke Duck is a very funny and exciting children's picture book.
Marmaduke can make very nice marmalade jam.
When Marmaduke Duck was swimming in the river, along came a pile of hungry ducks, that chased after him and the marvellous marmalade jam he was eating.
Then with an oink, a ribbit and a woof, along came a hog, a frog and a dog too, all chasing after Marmaduke and his marvellous marmalade jam.
The author, Juliette MacIver, used the name Marmaduke because it was a name suggested to her by her husband. He wanted to name their son Marmaduke, but the author wanted something else.

I think that boys and girls, 5 - 10 years old would enjoy this book.

1 comment:

SarahD said...

Hi Ellisha - Thanks for the great review of our book! I'm really glad you liked it. The bit where the llama appears still makes me laugh every time I read it. I'm busy drawing all of the pictures for the next Marmaduke book - it's called Marmaduke Duck and Bernadette Bear. I've drawn so much jam now that I couldn't possibly have it on toast ever again.

Hope you like Marmaduke's next adventures too.
Sarah Davis