Thursday, March 21, 2013

New Books, read by Kyla

Penguins Closeup by Lorna Hendry.
This non-fiction books is full of information about different breeds of penguins. There are very closeup photos of the penguins swimming, feeding and keeping warm. Junior children will find this a great book for looking at.

The Silly Goat Gruff by Scott Tulloch (NZ).
This picture book is a funny version of the traditional story, Three Billy Goats Gruff.

Dirty Bertie Pirate by David Roberts.
Dirty Bertie is a new character in our Library. In this book, there are three short stories where Bertie makes trouble in each of them. It is a Newly Independent Reader which means it is good for children wanting an easy chapter book.

My favourite one is The Silly Goats Gruff because it is very funny when Silly meets the Troll.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hullo there Kyla. It's Scott Tulloch here. I was looking up Silly Goat Gruff online to see if there were any reviews and I came across your one. I'm so glad it's your favourite! Hopefully I can come to your school one day and read my books and talk a bit about how I illustrate. Cheers, Scott