Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Just Jack by Adele Broadbent Reviewed by Linda Wang

 
This is an historical tale of courage and destiny.
Wee Jack is leaving his Ormondville home and heading to Napier to fulfil his dream of becoming a jockey.  The story tells of certain things that stand in his way, but he makes it through perserverance.
The author, Adele Braodbent, depicts the daily life situations in an attractive and understandable way.
I thought that using the Napier Earthquake as a scene is a highlight of the book, giving a clear understanding of the memorable event.
I also think that the message in the book is that if you persevere and try hard, you will achieve your goal.
I love this book and recommend it to boys and girls about 10 to 12 years old.
I hope that Adele writes more books because I am addicted to reading JUST JACK!

No comments: